Thursday, May 04, 2006

My hostel

Three years. That's the time I have spent in my hostel. It's time to wind up from here. The hostel owner is all set to hike the rent, which is a bit too much for me right now. It was the terrace room first. Had fun out there. Perfectly owner's pride and neighbour's envy. As if we not only owned the room but also the terrace. The schorching days of summer were never so bad, as the pleasant nights used to compensate. It was nice bathing in the sun, when winter came. The crushing sound of the fighter planes used to wake me up at nights. But, I enjoyed. But, our good time ended after a theft. We left the room and occupied one of the not-so-good rooms in ground floor. But, my classmates were around. I never realised the change. After few months my room mate and I were the only ones in our batch left in the hostel. Others left. New batch came and then the next. Fresh new faces reminded of my old friends. Now, probably I am too old here. Time to say bye to my good old hostel.

1 comment:

wisecrackin said...

Hostel life is always one of the best part of one's life.It has been for me anyway and for most of the people I know.